Remember that Part 1 of Paper 2 is compulsory. There is only one question - a formal or an informal letter.
Look at the question below.
You were travelling by train recently and left something that belongs to you on the train. Write a letter to the lost property officer enquiring about the thing you lost. Use these notes in your letter. Do not write any addresses.
- date of journey
- destination and departure time
- description of object
Do's and Don'ts
- question tags
- linkers like well, anyway, by the way
- All the best or Love from Alex at the end of your letter
- begin the letter with either Dear Sir / Madam or Mr / Ms/ Dr + the person’s surname
- use formal language, eg I look forward to receiving your reply
- end the letter with Yours faithfully or Yours sincerely
- sign your letter with your full name
- explain why you are writing
- say what you lost and when, describe it
- ask how you can get it back
- thank the recipient of the letter in advance